Earn your keep and keep your earnings with FNB. Choose from a variety of FDIC insured accounts that pay competitive yields and provide friendly local service from people you know.
Regular Savings Open an Account Online
Pay yourself as regularly as you are paid. Begin saving every payday in a Regular Savings Account at FNB. You earn interest and enjoy convenient access to your funds. You can even ask us to transfer funds weekly or monthly from your FNB checking account to your savings account.
- Click for our current Interest Rate / APY *Annual Percentage Yield
- Minimum balance required is only $10
- $3 quarterly maintenance fee if balance falls below $10
- You may make up to 6 withdrawals per quarter at no charge
- There is a $1 fee per withdrawal in excess of 6 per quarter
- Interest paid quarterly on your quarterly account statement
- Minimum opening deposit of $10 required
The Working Money Account is a competitive variable rate account with 4 tiered balance levels. A higher account balance will earn a higher rate of interest. Click the link below to see our Working Money Account tiers and their corresponding Interest Rate / Annual Percentage Yield.
- Click to see the Interest Rate / APY of the 4 balance tiers
- Minimum deposit of $100 required to open this account
- Minimum deposit of $5000 is required to earn the interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY).
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Interest will be credited each month on the last day of the monthly statement cycle.
- You may make up to 6 transfers from this account per month.
- No per item fee for checks/debits
Certificates of Deposits
First National Bank’s Certificates of Deposit (CD) pay a stated specific interest rate (APY) on your savings. You choose from a wide range of terms from a few weeks up to a few years. You can deposit $1000 or more in a CD. You pay NO fees and your money is insured by FDIC (up to $250,000 per depositor). A CD from First National assures your principal and pays a good return. That way, you can keep your money working as hard as you do. Earn your keep and keep your earnings with a CD from First National Bank.
Individual Retirement Accounts
Keep your retirement plan working as hard as you do. FNB offers Traditional, Roth and Educational (Coverdale) IRAs. At FNB your IRA is invested in a Certificate (s) of Deposits with your choice of various maturities. Begin with as little as $100 and make regular deposits in order to reach your goals. With FNB you pay NO FEES and your IRA CD is insured by FDIC (up to $250,000 per depositor). An IRA CD from First National is a solid investment. You will not lose principal due to market fluctuations. Earn your keep and keep your earnings with a IRA from First National Bank.
Christmas Club Accounts
Make your holidays brighter with a Christmas Club account. The extra cash is certain to add pleasure to your holiday shopping. Start a Christmas Club account with as little as $10. Your savings add up quickly if you make weekly or monthly automatic transfers from your checking or savings account. Or make deposits at the teller window. If your employer participates in our payroll deduction program, funds may be withheld from your pay and deposited directly into your Christmas Club account. During the third week of October, a check will be mailed to you for the balance of your Christmas Club account including the interest earned.
Terms and Conditions of the Christmas Club Account:
- Monthly or Annual Fees: NONE
- Early Withdrawal Fee: $10 per each early withdrawal
- Interest will be paid at the end of the club plan which is generally the third week of October.
- Interest will not be paid on a Christmas Club account if the account is closed prior to the end of the club plan.
- Two Christmas Club accounts may be opened per each household.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
A Health Savings Account (HSA) from First National Bank is a great way to save for your health care expenses while taking advantage of tax savings. If you qualify, then an HSA offers these benefits:
- Tax-deductible contributions and distributions
- Owned by the individual
- No Monthly maintenance fees
- Carry unused balances forward from year to year and earn interest tax-free
- And much more...
Whether you qualify for an HSA, depends on your health insurance coverage. You must be covered under an HSA-eligible high deductible health plan (HDHP) to contribute to an HSA. An HDHP generally requires that you pay out of pocket for medical expenses incurred (excluding certain preventive care expenses) until your deductible is met. Plan coverage kicks in after that. You should check with your insurance provider or employer who can clarify the rules that define an HSA-eligible HDHP and to see if your health plan is HSA eligible. In addition to having HSA eligible HDHP coverage, you:
- Cannot be covered by another health plan
- Cannot be enrolled in Medicare, and
- Cannot be eligible to be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
At First National Bank, a Health Savings Account may be opened with a minimum deposit of only $100. We offer both Self-only and Family coverage plans. A Free Instant Issue Debit MasterCard or personalize checks may be obtained so that you may make qualified payments from your HSA account directly to your health care providers.
For more information about an HSA account , please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives. You should also consult with your health care insurance provider to see if you qualify and with your tax professional for tax compliance advice. First National Bank does not sell health insurance directly to the public or provide advice on health coverage. First National Bank does not provide tax preparation service or advice on tax matters.
Our Patriot Act Notice has Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account.
Disclosure For All Interest Bearing Deposit Accounts
The following applies to all interest bearing accounts listed on this schedule of fees and services. The interest rate and *Annual Percentage Yield (*APY) are subject to change weekly.
- Balance Computation Method: We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies the daily periodic rate to the principal in the account on each day. Interest is paid (credited) and compounded monthly, except for Regular Savings which is paid (credited) and compounded quarterly.
- Accrual: Interest begins to accrue no later than the day we receive full credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example checks)
- All interest bearing accounts are variable rate accounts. We may change the rate at our discretion.
- If you close your account before interest is credited, you will receive interest only if you notify us at the time of closing. If you do not tell us you are closing your account you will not receive your accrued interest.
- Effect of Fees: fees may reduce earnings.